Thanks for joining us and please take a look at some of the photos from this year’s festival here!
The 11th Annual Lafayette Earth Day Festival
Sunday, April 24th from 11a – 3p, Lafayette Library & Learning Center
Presented by Sustainable Lafayette in conjunction with the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce, the Lafayette Library & Learning Center, and the City of Lafayette.
We invite you to join us as we explore this year’s theme of Act Local. Throughout the day, we all have opportunities to make better, more environmentally-friendly decisions. Think about the products you purchase, the transportation options, the lunches we pack for kids, the snacks we carry with us to parks and sporting events. Could you take one more step and bring your reusable shopping bags, walk or ride, carpool once a week or choose fruit that comes in its own organic wrapper (oranges, apples and bananas)? Sustainable Lafayette’s mission has always been to support activities that enhance the quality of life in Lafayette. Making even small changes in your daily decisions can have a huge impact.
Things you can do at Earth Day:
- create art with recycled materials at the LPIE Art booth.
- recycle old, used crayons with the Crayon Initiative.
- help preserve open space in Lafayette
- reduce food waste with White Pony Express
- learn about choosing renewable energy for your home with MCE
- request larger recycling and compost bins for your home with Republic Services.
- Daisies, Brownies and Juniors can earn their Girl Scout Global Action Award.
- practice bike skills at the Safe Moves bike rodeo at Stanley Middle School (9:30-11am).
- take a guided creek walk with the Lafayette Creeks Committee
Check out our suggestions for more ideas to get started!
The annual Lafayette Awards of Environmental Excellence, more commonly known as the Lafayette Green Awards, recognize outstanding efforts that contribute to a more sustainable community and help the City achieve its environmental goals. More info can be found on the City’s website here.