12 Quick Tips
1. Walk or ride a bike. (And use GoLafayette.org to see how this compares to driving!)
2. Carpool, use public transit, or if you must drive, do multiple destinations in one trip.
3. Recycle and buy recycled.
4. Compost yard and food waste.
5. Use compact fluorescent or LED lights.
6. Adjust thermostat by 3 degrees (down in winter and up in summer).
7. Only wash full loads (using cold water) & air dry clothing.
8. Buy regionally grown food.
9. Weatherize doors and windows.
10. Use a push mower or electric mower when cutting lawn and leave mulched lawn clippings on the lawn.
11. Use water efficient toilets, faucets and showerheads.
12. Turn off lights, appliances, and electronics when not used.